Welcome to the Substack Course for Creative People.
In this course, you will learn the benefits of being part of the Substack community and what it can do for you and your creative works.
It’s much more than just a place where you can get your creative pieces in front of people who may be interested in buying them, but I’ll let you learn about all the different ways you can build a community of art lovers and followers by watching this video course.
You will not just learn WHY Substack is great. You will also learn, step-by-step, how to join Substack and how to use it to your best advantage.
If you can write an email and copy/paste images, this is the place for you.
If you have any questions along the way, feel free to contact me.
Start your Substack learning journey by listening to this video from my friend and mentor, Kam “Fatz” Jennings:
TRANSCRIPT OF VIDEO 01:
Hey, and welcome to Substack. Substack is a newsletter publishing platform at its core. But it offers so much more than just that. On Substack, you can:
- start a newsletter
- you can build your community
- make money from subscriptions
- you could even start a podcast here
- With this training, I want to show you how to get started with the amazing opportunity that is Substack. We’re going to be covering:
- how to create a Substack account
- how to create a publication
- how to publish a post
- how to create a podcast and audio
- how to create a discussion thread
- how to create a paid publication
- how to create a private publication
- how to import mailing lists from another platform
- how to import posts from another platform
- how to import podcast episodes from another platform
- how to change the price of an existing paid newsletter
- how to manually add new subscribers
- how to create multiple publications
- what the difference is between a subscriber list and an email list on Substack
- how to export an email list or subscriber list
- how to get your first 100 signups
- how to embed a signup form for your publication
- what the analytics mean on Substack
- how to use RSS on Substack
- how to pause your publication in case you need to go on vacation
- and revoking subscriptions and/or removing people from your Substack email list.
And with all that being said, let’s go ahead and dive into Substack